Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dream Running

I was in a dream and I couldn't run fast. I focused on my legs, watching them move
at a slow pace wondering, why can't I move faster, I'm trying so hard. The worst part isn't looking at your legs, its looking where you want to go. Its that certain feeling that is seated into your spine and shoots out your eyes wishing you could get there faster. Its like being handed a check with one million dollars written on it, you have it but you cant spend it. Why is it that I have dreams that don't let me run fast? I'm still waiting for the dream where all I can do is run fast everywhere. Its stressful and terrible knowing you got what it takes but no way to unleash the fiery. To make the whole running slow thing worse, its like I'm always being chased by something much faster then me. Although, whatever it is that is chasing me it never catches up, it keeps that distance that is so close to get me, but never does. This actually makes it worse cause its at that point when I'm giving it my all trying to run faster. But nope, I look down and my feet just keep going the same pace.  

5 comments:

  1. I use to have similar dreams. Eventually you'll be able to run and whatever is behind you will catch up. At the moment, you're stuck, something inside you causing it and it's up to you to find out what that is. Then you'll run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on the optimism in this... true, you're not running as fast as you'd like to and it's infuriating, but that thing behind you isn't running fast enough either, so regardless of your speed, you're safe. It can't catch you. Maybe the dream is telling you to stop focusing so much on the destination and pay more attention to the journey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree entirely with Sami. People are too focused on how soon they're going to get there instead of how they get there and the experience of getting there, which in my opinion is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was obsessed with lucid dreaming for a while which is when you become aware during a dream and then are able to control events in your dream world. I wasn't very good at it, but it's supposed to be an effective cure for people who suffer from chronic nightmares. Maybe you should look into it, because if you pull it off you'll be able to run like the Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always had a fear of falling down a flight of stairs. Actually it was the stairs in my childhood house. They were narrow and steep, closed in on both sides with walls painted brown. The ceiling had a shelf at the bottom that stuck out. If someone fell, they would surely smack their head on that shelf. I parachuted once a few years ago and thought about those stairs as I sat in the open doorway of the Cessna, feet dangling in mid air. As I hung off the wing strut waiting to let go, I calmly walked down the stairs the final time.

    Maybe ask who or what it is that is chasing you, then turn around, draw your sword, tell him to go fuck himself, and get ready for battle.

    ReplyDelete