Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What's in your crop?

A Turkeys crop: A stomach that contains pebbles and food. It uses the stomach muscle to grind the pebbles picked up during feeding to digest food and break down large food matter such as bugs, seeds, and nuts.

This week, I put too much in my crop. Some things just need to be thrown in a little sack and ground to pulp and forgot about. Unfortunately this week it was the present. I lived in the future this week and forgot about my daily life. All my spare time was spent with questions like, Where will I be in 20 years? Will I ever get married? Will I be happy? Why do I attend school? All this money and I have nothing to show besides a bunch of loan statements. This future is consuming my life. People keep telling me "don't worry about the future, focus on the present and the future will come" Really? so I just take it one step at a time? I think its a bunch of crap. I've been working through the week like a machine, going from point A to B doing what I'm told. Everything in the present just gets thrown into the crop to get digested till later. 
        What will I be like when I'm old? Will I be regurgitating all this matter thats being broken down? Will I be living in the past? Even though I've been living in the future I don't want to be there. I know everyone worries about the future at some point, but this week is getting to me. How can I escape this world? I cant stand my crop eating away at my real life. 

2 comments:

  1. There is so much I want to know about "this week." What happened this week? The turkey analogy is perfect. But what if you wrote this again, or a Part II that hit really hard on what you fear the most. I remember worrying about the future, and yet, in my youth, I was so dumb I didn't worry enough (thank god) or it would never have led me here. Do you know what I mean? Can you craft this into a question bank of sorts and try to answer as "you later"? I want to hear this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anne on wanting to know what happened this week to cause these feelings. But what I really want to know is why you decided to use the crop metaphor. I never would have associated everything going on in my life to food being digested in a crop, but oddly you make it work.

    ReplyDelete